Wednesday, September 16, 2009

An apology

I mentioned in my last post that I am on a constant journey of self-improvement. One thing I've done since I graduated from college that is so rude is interrupt people when they're talking. I realized I was doing it over 7 years ago and have been working on it ever since, but still I find myself constantly talking over people. Believe me, I don't think what I have to say is more important than anyone else and I certainly don't think what you have to say is any less important. It is a very rude habit that it very hard to break! I just have a lot to say! It's like I have an internal voice box that never stops and when I'm around other people it gets on stage and has it's moment to shine. I've been trying to be a better listener. I'm continuing to work on it. Maybe one day you'll have a conversation with me and I will let you get a whole thought in. I sincerely apologize to everyone I come across. Lately I've started writing again (both on public forums such as this blog and in my private journal) and I think it has helped a lot. Getting my thoughts out of my head and onto paper (or a keyboard) tones down that urgent need to shout every thought I have across the rooftops! So, please bare with me as I continue to improve. And if you have something you really want to say, I won't be terribly offended if you just say, "Wait, wait, let me finish!"

edit: I have been consciously working on this and I do think I'm getting better! I still do it, but I catch myself a lot more now and stop it when I see myself doing it. I'll keep working on it!

No comments:

Post a Comment