I don't have any pictures to go along with this, but I just thought I'd do a quick update since it's been a while. Xander turned 8 months old yesterday! I really can't believe how fast he is growing up. I felt like it took forever for Rosemary to get through the first year but I feel like I blinked and he is already 3/4 of the way there. He is the sweetest baby boy in the world. I can't even believe it! Here are some of the highlights:
- He sleeps up to 12 hours at night, but has lately been waking up twice a night.
- His first two teeth are popping through. It's taken a while and the past couple days have been miserable. He has a runny nose, coughing, runny eyes, and sneezing. Rosemary had the same thing when she was teething, except for the coughing. It almost seems like he's gagging. It's very sad. I hope the teeth finish coming through and give him a break soon! And give me a break!
- He will take a 2 hour morning nap if we are home. If we are not home, he'll usually catnap in the morning and sometimes take a nap later in the day.
- He's starting to pull onto all fours to crawl, but he usually has one leg that gets stuck under him.
- He likes to stand. He won't pull himself up yet, but if I try putting him in front of a big toy, he'll grab on and stand holding it instead of sitting down and playing with it.
- He LOVES to eat. He's already eating three meals a day. At first I felt guilty because I'm not making his food like I did for Rosemary. But I'm over that! It's SO much easier buying baby food and there are so many more choices available now than there were even just 3 years ago! He eats oatmeal or rice cereal plus a fruit for breakfast, a veggie for lunch, and something like ham and pineapple or chicken and rice for dinner. It is SO much easier buying it! Thanks Gerber and Earth's Best and Beech Nut!
- He loves his big sister and she loves him! I love watching them play together. And it gives me a little time to clean (or waste time on the computer).
Cruise - Cozumel
2 years ago