Sunday, June 12, 2011

Long overdue update (And Easter, part two)


When the kids woke up on Easter Sunday, sure enough, the Easter Bunny had come for a visit! Here are their baskets loaded with goodies. They each got one toy, one book, and a few assorted goodies (Xander got his first container of Puffs and Rosemary got some healthy snacks and some candy). Their Easter outfits were made by my mom!

After church we headed to Coachman Park in Clearwater for a huge Easter egg hunt! I tried so hard to get a picture of the kids in their matching outfits. You can see how that turned out.

And my favorite:

After the Easter egg hunt, which was awesome and included pony rides, train rides, and other goodies, we headed back to the house and had an awesome dinner of cornish game hens.


Shortly after Easter, Joe went out of town so my mom came and stayed with me for the week. We shopped, we lunched, and we beached. The beach was a ton of fun!

This is my favorite picture of the two kids from their first beach day with mommy and grandma. Xander LOVED the sand!

Rosemary loved the shells!

She also loved dinner at BDs! Everyone who walked by commented on her particular tidiness eating spaghetti. I'm sure the chopsticks she tried eating them with (before resorting to just using her fingers) helped the situation.

We've also had a few weekend getaways in the past month or so. When Joe got back in town, we packed the car and headed to Orlando, grandma in tow. This gave us the opportunity to have an actual date night! Our good friends, and Xander's godparents, Steve and Priya, were in town for Priya's birthday celebration so we met up with them at Jelly Rolls, a dueling piano bar, for a really fun and much needed date night! We don't get those very often (and thank you mom SO much for letting us have one!) so it was a treat to get dressed up and go out with adults!

While in Orlando we also got to meet Ryan and Carrie's new baby, but I didn't get pictures of them :( We'll have to get together again soon so I can get some good photos!

A couple weeks later, Joe had a 4-day weekend so we spent one night in Venice where Joe had signed up for a flying trapeze class. IT WAS AWESOME!!!!!!!! Here's my too cool for school husband beginning his flight through the air. He did so good! I definitely want to do it now! It's my goal now to get back in shape. I can't wait to do it!

While in Venice we decided we may as well check out what there is to do. We headed downtown and browsed their Saturday Farmer's Market, and stopped by the fountain where there were two birthday parties going on. Rosemary got in on the action and learned how to shoot a water gun. Not just any water gun, but several different water guns. And they kept getting bigger.

Venice was beautiful. We want to go back to check out the beaches and spend more time.

That same weekend we ended up buying a van! We've been talking about it for a while and when we found this deal we couldn't pass it up! I LOVE it!

We ended the four-day weekend with our first sunset picnic. It was LOVELY. We went to Sunset Beach, near Treasure Island, with a picnic and watched the sun set over the water. It was the perfect ending to a wonderful long weekend.

In other news, Rosemary just finished her second gymnastics session. She made humongous improvements this time! I think seeing her dad on the flying trapeze helped a lot and made her more willing to try new things. I promised her if she did well this session, she could pick out a Barbie.

And of course, she chose a Fairytale Princess Barbie! She deserved it! She worked so hard and did so well!

We enjoyed our sunset picnic so much that we decided to do it again!

I love this picture of Joe and Xander as the sun is setting.


Here's one of me with my kiddos before the sun set. See that house in the background? It's my dream home. It will be mine one day. Oh, yes, it will be mine.

Here's another one of my boys.


I hope everyone is enjoying the start of summer as much as we are!

No comments:

Post a Comment