Thursday, June 23, 2011

Crafty times

Things have gotten pretty boring around here in the arts and crafts department so I decided to take it up a notch. We made a trip to the Dollar Store to stock up on new supplies. Rosemary saw this unfinished birdhouse and asked if she could paint it for grandma. I asked her how she wanted to paint it and she pointed to a pack of pink, purple, silver, and gold sequins and glitter! The picture does not do it justice. This birdhouse looks liked a pink and purple disco ball!! We also went back and added glitter to the edges. Of course, Rosemary insists this is a home for little princesses who come out at night when she's sleeping and make her toys come alive. She put lots and lots of glitter and sequins, our sprinkles as she calls them, inside to attract the little princesses. And do not call it a fairies house. She will adamantly explain that it is for fairies. I seriously do not want to give this birdhouse to my mom. I want to keep it! Its a surprise for when we go to visit. She doesn't read my blog so I'm not giving anything away!

Another cool project we did recently was making bubble prints. I saw this idea a long time ago but was afraid Rosemary would drink the bubble/paint mix. I saw it again on a few blogs recently and decided she was easy. It was really cool! We mixed tempera paint and bubble solution in a pie tin, used straws to blow it up, then placed paper on top to get these really cool designs!

We also bought shaped sponges and did some sponge painting, but we aren't quite finished with those. But check out the cute hand prints- mine and Rosemarys- and footprint- Xanders! I love it! I also think my refrigerator is officially out of room!
Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.1

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I love these ideas!!! I'll have to remember these when Brionna gets a little bit older. Arts and crafts are so much fun when they are that age.

    ReplyDelete