Saturday, July 9, 2011

Milk n honey

It has been quite a while, a little over nine months to be exact, since Rosemary and I have had a special day just the two of us. I needed some bonding time with my daughter and, given our love of tea parties, decided to make reservations at a local tea house for afternoon tea for just the two of us. What an incredible day! The tea room was lovely- decorated like a traditional a victorian tea shop. The tea- I had blueberry green tea while rosemary opted for apple juice- was amazing. So amazing in fact, that Rosemary drank my tea instead of her juice! There was a baby shower in the larger room that includes a childrens dress up area, so we were seated in a more intimate, but no less lovely, room and our server brought the dress up clothes, and a couple Barbie dolls, to us! When our food was ready, served on a three-tier tray, of course, it was amazing! The lowest tray had sandwiches- pbj and turkey and cheese shaped like butterflies for Rosemary and assorted finger sandwiches and wraps for me. The second tray had watermelon balls, scones, and devonshire cream, and the top had the most amazing assorted pastries! The owner is also the chef and she is amazing. I have no idea how she can make a cucumber sandwich such a delicacy! By the time we were finished eating, the baby shower had ended and we were invited into the large room to play dressup. It was the most amazing day that I have had with my daughter in forever! I don't think either of us will forget it for a long time to come.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.2

No comments:

Post a Comment