This has been a crazy busy week. Rosemary started preschool. Joe was out of town most of the week and my mom came to stay with us. I almost forgot it was also the week Xander turned 11 months old. I can't believe he will be one year old in less than a month. It went SO much faster than Rosemary's first year. I think I blinked and this year flew by. Here are some of the highlights of my little man's past month...
- He's starting to cruise one handed but has yet to stand or walk on his own yet. He wants to but he's perfectly happy crawling everywhere and climbing everything.
- He is THE happiest baby EVER. I seriously cannot get enough of him.
- He is now playing with Rosemary. Anything she does, he wants to do. Unfortunately she doesn't always appreciate this built-in playmate and I often hear "MOOO--OOOMMM can you get Xander?!"
- He is very independent and will happily entertain himself for long periods of time. His favorite game right now is emptying the tissue box or Rosemary's drawers. Such fun games. He's starting to put things back in, but he hasn't learned to let go of it yet so he'll sort of "dip" toys back in boxes or bags but isn't quite ready to clean up after himself yet. But he sure loves making the mess!
- He also loves playing with balls. I'm pretty sure he's going to be a baseball player. He has a REALLY good throw!
- He's eating lots of table foods and sometimes I can't find enough food to keep him happy. He moved on from Baby Mum Mums to Keebler Club Crackers and right now his favorite food is bananas. Give that boy a banana and you'll think you just gave him the winning lottery ticket!
- He's cutting his fifth tooth.
- He's babbling a lot. He's starting to tell us stories and I'm sure he knows exactly what he's saying.
- He LOVES to scream. Sometimes he gets so into it his whole body will shake and then he will start cracking up. It is the cutest thing to see, but not something I want to encourage!
- I took him to the spraypark for the first time last week and he LOVED it! He crawled all over the place and had so much fun! I'll post some pics next time I'm on my phone.
Happy 11 months baby boy! You are my little sunshine!
Cruise - Cozumel
2 years ago