Sunday, August 21, 2011

The night before preschool and all through the house...

Tomorrow is my baby's first day of preschool. Being the sentimental woman I am, I get teary just thinking about it. In my heart I know she's ready and she's excited and it's going to be so good for her. I've felt like my job for the past three and a half years has been leading up to tomorrow. I've done all I could to prepare her and now she's ready to learn on her own. I'm proud of the fact that I've taught her all the basics- shapes, colors, numbers, counting to 10 (sometimes 20 or even 100 depending on her mood), letters, letter sounds. I've taught her songs and games and how to share. We cook together, we go on walks together, we read books and trace letters and numbers and do lots of art and craft projects. I taught her how to cut with scissors. Now it's up to her teachers to help with the rest. My biggest hope is that she will learn to listen and become self confident when I am not around. I would be out of my mind thrilled if she comes out of that school with a passion to learn and excitement for school that rivals mine and Joe's. I'm so excited for my little girl to take this huge step. It's a big day for her! I keep channeling Dr. Seuss...

KID, YOU'LL MOVE MOUNTAINS!

So...
be your name Buxbaum or Bixby or Bray
or Mordecai Ali Van Allen O'Shea, (or Rosemary Rayne)
you're off to Great Places!
Today is your day!
Your mountain is waiting.
So...get on your way!

1 comment: